この世界は残酷だ、そしてとても美しい。戦うはなければ、勝てない。



新 / 旧
25/02/2012, 23:17

Hello.

I haven't caught up to this week's worth of anime yet. Guess what I've been doing most of the time, if not sleeping? Come, guess. No?

Well, I've been browsing the Hatoful Boyfriend forum thread (link here if anyone's interested). There seems to be a full version that costs real cash ($5, which is pretty worth it, if you ask me). Anyway, the entire thread of 35 pages exhausted me and removed all my feeeeels. Whoever created Hatoful Boyfriend is a genius. Where else can you find a dating game with pigeons and a route in which the main character (a.k.a YOU) dies?

Pigeon dating is no joke. It's serious and suffering and you will not be able to hold all your feelings.

Anyway, I was reading the route where you play as Ryouta. Everybirdie has such a sad past. Massive spoilers below and possibly all the way down (along with my thoughts on Mirai Nikki episode 19).

YUUYAAA ; ; He sacrificed so much for his little brother, who didn't know anything and treated him like trash. When Sakuya was still in the egg, their father died and their mother decided to get remarried to a noblebird. The new father hated the brothers, because they weren't his real children (and for a noblebird to accept children born from a peasant is almost impossible), and wanted to throw away the egg, supporting only Yuuya. Yuuya, of course, does not approve of that. He waited for his mother to lay a new egg, with his new father's child inside. Then, he swapped the eggs, and smashed the new egg into pieces, so that Sakuya gets to be loved by the new father.

And the new father brought Sakuya up (without knowing that he wasn't his real child) and made him despise Yuuya. Because Yuuya's blood is filthy, and not of a noblebird's. So Sakuya has never acknowledged Yuuya as his brother. And then, after Yuuya's confession, he dies.

I have nothing to say about Fat Bird, but I still like him even though he's an evil mass-murderer. Fat Bird is secretly in love with Ryouta's father, so he ends up fulfilling Ryouta's wish (after his father died) of wanting no war between humans and birds. Except that he thinks the only way to grant that wish is to kill off all the humans. After all, there cannot be war between two species if one is dead, right? What a twisted doctor.

Sleepy-sensei is actually Nageki's brother, though unrelated by blood because they are both war orphans. Sensei cannot forgive Nageki's death and ends up yandere because he found out that Fat Bird has injected parts of Nageki into Ryouta (what the heck). HE EVEN TRIES TO CUT POOR RYOUTA (who has to live with killing the main character twice unintentionally) UP TO FIND NAGEKI.

Okosan is so simple and nice. He tries to cheer Sakuya up after his brother died. He's a simple bird, so he does not understand what "death" means. So he says, "The Earth is round. If we keep chasing after Yuuya, we'll catch up to him one day!" (sob)

Oh, and there's this freaky robot thing going "Hyu hyu hyu" all the time. I think I'll have nightmares man. What has happened to innocent dating games? THIS IS NOT EVEN A DATING SIM ANYMORE.

Why am I feeling so much for a pigeon dating game? I don't even. If I could, I would buy the full version of the game, but how am I going to explain it to my parents?

Mirai Nikki episode 19: YUNO IN A SEXY BLACK DRESS!! WITH GARTERBELTS!! And that was what I was screaming in my mind every time I see her. I feel bad for the Mama, though why does she keep sticking her hands out like that? I wonder what will happen next?