05/01/2013, 17:12
(I still haven't done the list of interesting events yet. Oops.)Yesterday I went swimming with Alfur, Luwi and Richard (Richard came later). My body aches all over now! I guess this is my punishment for not doing any exercise throughout the holidays.
We ate a light lunch at Umi Sushi. By that, I meant one pack of sushi per person, except Luwi, who ordered chawanmushi along with her sushi.
This was my first time at the Jurong East Swimming Complex. The slides are very colourful, but I am not getting on them still.
Me and Luwi rented floats for $2. I am not very comfortable with sitting on the floats because I don't know how to get down afterwards. My legs aren't thin enough to squeeze through the hole unlike Luwi's.
I like the lazy pool (I call it the 'current pool' but most people call it the 'lazy pool' I think). This pool makes the best use of the floats. You can just sit on the floats and let the current push you along. If you want to swim there, you can. You'll just go faster.
The deep pool is for swimming laps but it is more than 1.8 meters deep. That is really scary, and I wasn't that confident in my swimming abilities.
So I went to the wave pool (I didn't know it was the wave pool at first because there were no waves yet) to practise swimming, but it was a trap! The pool looked really calm and empty at first, but when I went in, it started producing waves and 'rain'. It felt as if we were trap in a storm, holding onto nothing but a piece of wood to keep afloat. I couldn't get out of the wave pool until it calmed down again.
Dinner at a small Japanese food place, which Richard frequently goes to, in West Mall. I ate the Ebi Tama Udon. It was more expensive than the others, maybe because there's two ingredients. Everything is expensive ok. We shared the cost for the sushi.
I was actually typing this post at around 3.30pm, but had to leave it to collect my Edusave Scholarship thing. It is my pay as a full-time student. If anyone's curious, I got $500 this year.









