24/03/2014, 21:46
I went to the 2Degree Ice Art exhibition today!! It is held beside Bayfront MRT Station (Exit A). I'm glad they extended the student discount ($20 admission) until 31 March. Before the trip, I read up about it and it turns out the place is kept at -15 degrees Celsius. Woah. That's a dangerously low temperature.And it actually is really cold. I brought my own clothes (a knitted cardigan, a winter jacket, a beanie and a scarf, to be exact). A pair of gloves came along with every purchase of tickets, but they were so thin and useless. I think you'll need to wear about three pairs of gloves to feel somewhat comfortable. Upon entering the place, I was greeted with extremely cold air that made it a bit hard to breathe. No joke. If you stay for more than an hour inside, you'll probably end up in the hospital. I can't even feel my fingers or face in there.
The ice sculptures were interesting. Though I am not sure what some of them are supposed to be. I think they have something to do with history. But I think the ice slides were the most fun!! I went down three times before exiting the place. There was a large bump in the middle of the slide that gave me a heart attack every single time I went down. Here, I drew an accurate picture of the ice slide.
I was so scared I'll fly off after going up the bump. Oddly, I didn't. I wonder if that is defying any law of physics. Anyway, I didn't go on the smaller slides because you can't use the tube on those and I don't want my butt to be frozen solid.
Pictures are under the cut. I don't think I did the ice sculptures justice with my photos but it is hard when everything is so colourless!! Eh, but if anyone reading this intends to go, maybe you shouldn't look at spoilers.
That's all.
Also, I bought Fonju's full customization. It is expensive. I'm not sure if I got cheated or not but I'll give the people I traded with the benefit of the doubt. 400k for a pair of hipster glasses tho.


































