この世界は残酷だ、そしてとても美しい。戦うはなければ、勝てない。



新 / 旧
31/05/2014, 01:02

The ice-cream waffle at the poolside canteen is really yummy!! Unlike the soft and soggy waffles you get from Gek Poh and most cheap places, this one is actually crispy! Amazing. And it's only $2.50 for a waffle with three scoops of ice-cream (you get to choose the flavours). There's also other waffle sets, like the chocolate banana waffle. I'd get it next time. For now, I'm satisfied with the crispy ice-cream waffle I shared with two of my classmates.


Alright. Let me tell you an interesting story about what happened on Wednesday morning. It will be Part III of my adventures with weird men/aliens/whatever they are. Normally I don't write about that much but this time, it kinda went way further than what I expected. Ah, it's not interesting at all so skip this if you want.

So, I was seated in a near-empty bus that morning and when the bus was getting filled up with people, a guy sat next to me. He asked if I was a student at NP. I said yes, so he asked me if I knew where Block 72 was. Just for your knowledge, it is the block where OurSpace is located and that place is pretty much one of the most well-known places in my school. Thinking that he was a Year 1 student who didn't know better, I told him that I would take him there when we get off the bus since I was also going in that direction and it was too troublesome to explain it... in Chinese, which he spoke to me in. Then we talked a bit on the way to school. And of course, he asked if I was from China. Why. The joke is getting old so it is time to stop!! I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

He also claimed that he was a Year 3 student (wow a senpai) but I didn't believe him until I saw his EZ-Link card. When we got off, I took him there as promised. When we were about to part ways, he told me he would like to be my friend. And for whatever reason, I agreed to exchange numbers. Must be because I haven't heard 'I would like to be friends' in a long, long time, and it's quite hard to reject someone when they ask so sincerely.

Anyway, I had a feeling he would ask for my number when we were on the bus. Would it have been better if I rejected his offer instead? I thought getting a senpai might be useful in my Polytechnic life because as they all say, the more connections, the better.

He has been texting me daily as if it is some kind of duty he must fulfill and he acts so friendly in our conversations. So odd. He even offered to buy me Old Chang Kee for breakfast and asked if I would like to go to the movies/shopping with him. I declined. I don't believe it is normal for one to act so friendly and generous to some stranger they met on the bus just because they were kind. Then again, this is the first time I made friends with someone like that so I don't really know what is happening~

And about the fact that he didn't know where Block 72 was, he's an engineering student. The school of engineering is isolated from the other schools, so I guess it is not surprising??

Well, if he turns out to be completely harmless with no ulterior motives or whatsoever, that means it is all good, right? The last thing I want is for him to activate stalker mode and find this blog.

Sorry for the wall of text.